Management is a skill that is different than leadership. Leaders do the right things. Managers do things right. This seminar will teach your leaders to manage more effectively. This workshop is specifically designed for people in leadership positions who have not been trained in management. People in many fields; doctors, lawyers, engineers, salespeople, etc. are often thrust into leadership positions without the proper training. This workshop will lay a foundation for those leaders to help them gain a better understanding of how to run their organizations. Additionally, this session will prove beneficial to managers who have received business training, but may wish to brush up on their knowledge and gain fresh perspective on how to manage their business more effectively.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Discover the difference between leadership and management.
- Understand the cornerstones of management: planning, organizing, directing, and controlling.
- Develop an action plan to increase your management ability in the upcoming months.
- Engage in activities and have discussions which drive home these lessons.
- Learn about lean systems management, developed by Toyota.
I feel empowered to take my management and leadership skills to the next level. When I attended your workshop…I was very intrigued by what you said about leadership. It made me realize that I was doing things to hold myself back.”
~ Pam Ray, Business Development Manager, Thompson Hine, LLP